Turkey Rolls with Maple Cherries
- 4 turkey cutlets
- 225 g of ground turkey (1/2 lb)
- 225 g of ground lean pork (1/2 lb)
- 2 shallot, chopped
- 125 ml of earth cherries cut in 4 (1/2 cup)
- 30 ml of maple syrup (2 tablespoons)
- 15 ml of fresh mint, chopped (1 tablespoon) or 1 tablespoon of dried mint
- 30 ml of vegetable oil (2 tablespoons)
- 15 ml of butter (1 tablespoon)
- 45 ml of butter (3 tablespoons)
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 125 ml of white wine (1/2 cup)
- 500 ml of prepared demi-glaze sauce (2 cups)
- 125 ml of earth cherries cut in 2 (1/2 cup)
- 30 to 45 ml of maple syrup (2 to 3 tablespoons)
- 15 ml of fresh mint, chopped (1 tablespoon)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Flatten the cutlets with a butcher’s hammer or a pan.
2. Mix all ingredients for the stuffing. Season generously.
3. Spread stuffing along the cutlets. Roll firmly and tie up or hold with toothpicks
4. In a large pan, heat oil and melt the butter. Sear the rolls on all sides.
5. Place on an oven-safe tray. Finish cooking in a 375 °F (190 °C) for 10 to 15 minutes.
6. While the meat is cooking, melt butter in the same pan and add the shallots
7. Deglaze with wine, with a whisk incorporate the demi-glaze sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes.
8. Add the earth cherries, the maple syrup, the mint and season.
9. To serve, spread some sauce on the bottom of the plates and place rolls in the center. Serve with rice or barley and season vegetables.