Teriyaki Chicken Stir-fry with Maple Syrup
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) rice wine (sake or mirin) or dry sherry
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) soya sauce
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) cornstarch
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 600 g (1 1/3 lb) chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 750 ml (3 cups) vegetables of choice (peppers, mushrooms, celery, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, Chinese cabbage, snow peas, zucchini, etc), cut onto strips
- Mix all sauce ingredients.
- Heat oil in a wok or a large frying pan and sauté the chicken until golden brown in colour.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue cooking for a few more minutes.
- Pour in the sauce and bring to a boil to thicken. Stir well to coat the chicken and vegetables.
- Serve with steamed rice or vermicelli noodles.
ENERGY: 469 calories
PROTEIN: 39 g
CARBOHYDRATES: 31 g
FATS: 21 g
High folic acid content