Taro in sesame miso
8 small taro
- 3 tablespoons miso
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons ground sesame seeds
1. Combine the ingredients from (A).
2. Thoroughly wash the taro and steam until soft. Peel, then add A while still hot and mix well.
3. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
“Maple syrup goes really well with miso, and it also complements the taro quite nicely. Sugar makes it too cloyingly sweet, but with maple syrup, all you need is the miso and maple syrup. It is delicious.
But I just had a thought…how about sesame miso? I change my mind all the time!”
Grind the sesame seeds with a hand blender and add maple syrup and soy sauce. Before you know it, the sesame sauce is done. “You could also peel just the top half of the taro and dip it in the sauce or serve the sauce with steamed eggplant or fried vegetables.”
Maple syrup is combined with miso and ground sesame seeds and seasoned to taste with soy sauce.