Swiss meringue with maple taffy and pomegranate
- A 500-g (approx. 1 lb.) container of maple taffy
- 4 egg whites
- Pinch of fine salt
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 2 pomegranates, seeded
- Place maple taffy in a saucepan to melt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Pour egg whites and salt into the top part of a double boiler. Using a handheld mixer, whip on a low setting. Slowly add hot maple taffy gradually increasing the speed setting. Whip for 5 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Remove the meringue from heat, add lemon juice and whip for another minute.
- Pour into 6 dessert glasses and decorate with pomegranate.
Serve right away.