Special Sauce with Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 onion, minced
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of chilli sauce (or 1 tablespoon of vinegar)
- 1 packet of prepared demi-glace sauce (or 1 can of brown sauce)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Melt butter in a casserole on medium heat.
2. Sauté the onions gently until they become transparent – about 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Add maple syrup and demi-glace (or brown) sauce and bring to a boil. Simmer to reduce by half.
4. Add the chilli sauce and simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste.
5. Serve with your favourite meat dishes.