Starters and hors d'oeuvres
Scallops with Lemon and Maple Syrup Dressing
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, minced
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 1/3 cup of 35% cream
- ½ tablespoon of pink peppercorns, crushed
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 1/3 lbs of large scallops
- Melt butter and sauté shallot in a pan.
- Deglaze with lemon juice and white wine and let simmer until reduced by half.
- Add the lemon zest, maple syrup and bring to a boil.
- Add the cream and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring throughout.
- Add the peppercorns and season with salt, to taste.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat.
- Gently cook the scallops either one minute on each side, or on one side only and until the top turns slightly opaque.
- Serve immediately with the sauce and a side of seasonal vegetables.
Calories per serving