Starters and hors d'oeuvres
Scallops with Bayonne Ham and Maple Syrup
- 20 large scallops
- ¼ sage leaf
- half slice of Bayonne ham
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple sugar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
- Salt and pepper
- Gently pat dry about 20 large scallops.
- Roll each scallop in a roughly chopped ¼ sage leaf and a half slice of Bayonne ham, then secure using a toothpick. Sprinkle with 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple sugar.
- In a non-stick pan, heat 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil and 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter, and sear scallops for about 1 min. on each side. Serve right away.