Pork Pie with Maple Syrup
- 340 g small cubes of veal (3/4 lb)
- 340 g small cubes of pork (3/4 lb)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250 ml diced carrots (1 cup)
- 250 ml chopped celery (1 cup)
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 ml dry thyme (1 teaspoon)
- 60 ml red wine (1/4 cup)
- 15 ml butter (1 tablespoon)
- 22 ml flour (1 1/2 tablespoon)
- 250 ml beef stock (1 cup)
- 80 ml maple syrup (1/3 cup)
- 2 pieces of rolled out pastry dough
- 375 ml of peeled and cubed potatoes (1 1/2 cup)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 beaten egg
- Combine the first 9 ingredients.
- Let rest for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- In a casserole, melt butter and add flour.
- Add stock and maple syrup while stiring with a whisk. Bring to a boil and let simmer until thick. Cool.
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C (350 °F).
- Cover the bottom and sides of a 23 cm (10 inch) springform pan with one of the pastry doughs.
- Spread half of the meat mixture over it. Cover with potatoes, season and add the rest of the meat mixture. Pour the source, cover with the second piece of dough, flute and prick all over.
- Brush the top with a beaten egg and bake in the center of the oven for 1 ½ hrs.
- Let rest for 20 minutes before removing from pan. Serve with your favourite green vegetables or salad.
ENERGIE: 341 cal
CARBOHYDRATES: 24 g
FATS: 11 g
Excellent source of protein