No-Cook Maple Candy
- 150 g (5 oz.) fine maple sugar
- 20 ml (4 teaspoons) maple syrup
- Pour the maple sugar into a bowl. Add 5 ml (1 teaspoon) maple syrup at a time. After each addition, knead the sugar to evenly moisten the mixture.
- Repeat until you obtain a moist, sandy texture (it should hold together when pressed through your fingers).
- Fill the wells of a chocolate mould* with the mixture, pressing firmly. Level with a spatula, removing any excess sugar.
- Unmould candies immediately onto a dry work surface. You will need to tap gently to pop the candies out. Some may resist, but keep tapping and eventually they will come out.
- Let stand for one hour before handling.
- These no-cook maple candies will keep for one month in a dry place.
* Chocolate moulds can be found in kitchen supply stores.