NAPSI-certified Maple Water Roast Turkey
Maple water marinade
- 500 ml (2 cups) NAPSI-certified maple water
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 turkey (9 kg / 20 lb.)
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 heads garlic
- 1 sprig thyme or fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 stick celery, cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 1 L (4 cups) NAPSI-certified maple water
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) instantized flour
4 hours 10 minutes
10 to 12 portions
- Heat maple water in a saucepan, add butter and leave to melt. Add remaining marinade ingredients and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Place turkey in a roasting pan and stuff interior with vegetables and aromatics. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill a meat syringe with marinade. Pierce the turkey meat in several places and inject marinade.
- Roast in oven for 4 hours. From time to time, collect a little cooking juices from pan, let cool and re-inject into turkey.
- Once cooked, transfer turkey onto a cutting board. Place roasting pan with juices onto hob and bring to a boil. Pour in maple water, scraping the pan bottom well to collect juices. Sprinkle with instantized flour, mix in well and reduce for 1 minute.
- Carve turkey and serve with the sauce.
- Yields 10 to 12 servings
- Cooking time: 4 h 10 min