Breakfasts and brunchs
NAPSI-certified Maple Water Poached Pears
- 4 Anjou or Bartlett pears, peeled
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 litre (4 cups) NAPSI-certified pure maple water
- Using a melon baller, core each pear through its base so the pears remain whole.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring maple water to a boil. Simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Stand pears in simmering maple water and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes or until the tip of a knife can be inserted easily.
- Remove from heat, let cool, then refrigerate pears in poaching maple water until cooled (about 2 hours).
- Remove pears. In a saucepan, reduce maple water over high heat until syrupy.
- Chill syrup or serve warm over the pears.