Maple Walnut Bread
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free flour blend (such as King Arthur)
- 2/3 cup tapioca flour
- 2/3 cup potato starch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine flours, starch, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, cinnamon and salt.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter turns a nut brown color. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine maple syrup, buttermilk and eggs. Stir in browned butter.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry. Stir until just combined. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a well-greased 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, until risen and a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
Number of servings (yield): 1 loaf