Maple Salmon Filet with Chives
- 1 salmon fillet of 680 g (1 ½ lb)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chives, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) maple syrup
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) soya sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat barbecue on medium heat. Cut salmon fillet into 4 equal parts.
- In a bowl, combine chives, garlic, olive oil, maple syrup, soya sauce and lemon juice. Season well.
- Baste salmon with marinade and refrigerate for 15 minutes, then grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side (or until desired doneness).
This recipe works well with swordfish, trout or tilapia. If you inquire at the seafood counter; they will be able to advise you on what other type of fish will go well with this recipe. Remember that for grilling, fish that has firm flesh is best.