Maple Rice Pudding
- 125 ml (½ cup) Arborio rice (or short-grain white rice), uncooked
- 1 litre (4 cups) skim milk
- 125 ml (½ cup) skim milk powder
- 125 ml (½ cup) pure maple syrup
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Rinse rice in a strainer under cold running water. In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except the skim milk powder.
- Heat over medium heat until it reaches a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in skim milk powder.
- Let cool. Serve warm or cold, topped with berries and sprinkled with muesli, if desired.
Per 125 ml (½ cup) serving
Calories: 212 Carbohydrate (g): 45 Protein (g): 8 Fat (g): 0 Fibre (g): 1