Maple Recovery Bites
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) dates
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) dried apricots
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) water
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) maple syrup
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) skim milk powder
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) peanut butter or sesame butter
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) steel-cut or large-flake oats
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) pumpkin seeds
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) unsweetened coconut
- Soak dried fruits in the water and maple syrup for 1 - 2 hours or cook the fruit/water/syrup mixture in microwave for about 4 minutes.
- Puree in a food processor or blender.
- Place in a large bowl, add all other ingredients except the coconut, and mix with a spoon.
- Form the mixture into balls (wet your hands to avoid sticking).
- Roll the balls in the coconut.
Keeps up to 1 week in an airtight container in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer.
Nutritional value per portion (2 bites):
238 kilocalories; 31 g of carbohydrates; 4 g of fibre; 9 g of protein; 11 g of fat.