Maple Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) large-flake oatmeal
- 250 ml (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) raisins (or other dried fruit)
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) baking soda
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) milk or soy milk
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) maple sugar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the oats, flour, raisins, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another bowl, vigorously whisk the butter together with the milk, maple sugar and maple syrup for a few minutes. Add the egg and beat until the mixture is smooth. Incorporate the dry ingredients.
- Make 10 balls about 60 ml (1/4 cup) in size, flatten them and place on the two sheets.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until they’re golden.
Nutritional value per serving:
250 kilocalories; 44 g of carbohydrates; 2 g of fibre; 5 g of protein; 6 g of fat.