MAPLE PETIT FOURS
- All-Purpose Maple Dough recipe
- Butter (for pan)
- 190 ml (3/4 cup) strawberry jam
- 190 ml (3/4 cup) maple butter
- Christmas candies of your choice
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Butter a 22.5 cm (9 in) square pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Prepare the base recipe for All-Purpose Maple Dough.
- Place the dough in pan and bake 35 minutes or until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from pan.
- Remove cake from pan, and cut in half, horizontally.
- Spread strawberry jam on one half-cake and place the other half on top of it.
- Frost that cake with maple butter, cut into 25 equal squares, and decorate with Christmas candies.