Breakfasts and brunchs
- 500 ml (2 cups) maple syrup
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) 35% cream
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) walnuts, chopped
- In a large saucepan, bring maple syrup and butter to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add cream and continue cooking until the temperature reads 118 °C (245 °F) on a candy thermometer.
- Meanwhile, grease and line a square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove maple syrup and cream mixture from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Using a whisk, beat for 5 minutes until thick.
- Add walnuts and pour into baking pan.
- Let cool before cutting into squares.