Maple Fondue with Cardamom and Orange Zest
- 250 ml (1 cup) maple syrup
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) cream 15%
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) cornstarch, diluted in 30 ml (2 tablespoons)
- Zest from 1 orange
- 1 pinch (2 ml or 1/2 teaspoon) ground cardamom
- About 175 g (3/4 cup) per person
- In a small, heavy saucepan, combine maple syrup and cream and stir over low heat.
- Add diluted cornstarch and stir until thickened.
- Add orange zest and cardamom.
- Pour the mixture into a fondue pot and place on the fondue stand over low heat.
- Serve with your favourite fruit.
Suggestion: Serve with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, grapes, small pieces of apples, peaches or apricots. This sauce can also be added to a fruit salad.