Maple Energy Squares
- 125 ml (½ cup) quick-cooking oatmeal
- 125 ml (½ cup) skim milk powder
- 125 ml (½ cup) roasted sunflower seeds
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) all-purpose flour
- 170 ml (⅔ cup) pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 125 ml (½ cup) dried cranberries
- 125 ml (½ cup) dried apricots, chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) sliced almonds
- 125 ml (½ cup) coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Spray a 23 x 23 cm (9 x 9 in.) baking pan with cooking spray or brush with vegetable oil.
- In a food processor, combine the oatmeal, skim milk, sunflower seeds, flour, maple syrup and eggs. Process until the mixture is almost smooth, about 10 seconds. Stir in cranberries, apricots and almonds. Pour into the prepared dish. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges are golden and the centre is set.
Calories: 130 Carbohydrate (g): 21 Protein (g): 3 Fat (g): 3 Fibre (g): 1