MAPLE CHEESECAKE IN A JAR WITH FRESH FRUITS AND ALMOND CRUMBLE
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) almonds, chopped
- 190 ml (3/4 cup) quick cooking rolled oats
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple sugar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- 2 packs (250 g/9 oz. each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup (preferably amber for its rich taste)
- 1 box of fresh raspberries or strawberries
- 2 clementines, peeled and in wedges
- Some pomegranate seeds
- A few fresh mint leaves, minced
- 190 ml (3/4 cup) maple syrup (preferably amber for its rich taste)
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F), with cooking grid in the middle.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add the melted butter and mix until the mixture is just moistened and sticks to the fingers. Spread over cookie sheet.
- Bake in center of oven for about 10 minutes or until the crumble is well browned. Let cool on a rack, and break into pieces if necessary.
- In medium size bowl, whisk cheese and maple syrup to obtain a smooth, homogeneous mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Spread the fruit filling at the bottom of each jar. Fill with cheese mixture and top it all with the crumble.
Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Refrigeration time: 1 hour