Maple-Caramelized Pork Ribs
CHARLES-AIMÉ ROBERT sauce
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) Dijon mustard
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chilli sauce
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Charles-Aimé Robert (maple-based alcohol) or similar spirit
- Juice of one lemon
- 2.5 ml (1 teaspoon) ground ginger
- 2.5 ml (1 teaspoon) ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 rack of pork ribs, 8 ribs about 2.5 cm (1") wide, on the bone, fat removed
- 250 ml (1 cup) veal demi-glace
- A few herb sprigs for garnish
- Mix all sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Brush meat with half the sauce. Leave to marinate for 4 hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- For the ribs, heat 15 ml (1 tablespoon) olive oil in a frying pan and sauté 4 ribs at a time for 1 minute on each side. Cook the other ribs with remaining olive oil. Place ribs in a roasting pan, pour rest of sauce all over and bake 30 minutes.
- After cooking, remove ribs from roasting pan, place on a serving platter, cover with foil and reserve. Deglaze roasting pan with demi-glace and reduce sauce on hob for 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over ribs and garnish with herb sprigs before serving.