Starters and hors d'oeuvres
MAPLE BUTTER ZUCCHINI TART
- Maple Shortcrust Pastry base recipe
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) maple butter
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) fresh rosemary, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) strong cheddar, grated
- 3 or 4 green zucchinis, sliced into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) maple flakes
- On a floured work surface, roll dough into two 40 cm x 15 cm (16 in x 6 in) rectangles.
- Place in two (approx. 35 cm x 10 cm or 14 in x 4 in) removable-bottom rectangular tart pans.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or put in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Combine mustard with the maple butter and rosemary. Brush mixture on the tart shells and then sprinkle on the cheddar cheese.
- Layer with zucchini ribbons.
- Arrange the cherry tomato halves on top.
- Salt and pepper.
- Bake, on bottom rack of oven, for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle maple flakes over tarts, cut into rectangles of equal size and serve immediately, as an appetizer or a first course.
Refrigeration Time: 30 min