Maple and Sesame Bagel Toasts
- 4 sesame bagels, about 8 cm (3") diameter
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) vegetable oil
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) maple syrup
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) maple sugar
- Cut bagels into 3 mm (1/8") thick slices.
- Coat with oil, maple syrup and maple sugar.
- Place slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 190 °C (375 °F) for 10 to 12 minutes, then broil 1 minute. Watch carefully to prevent them from burning!
Calories per serving
This simple, crispy snack is great before a workout. One serving contains both simple and complex carbohydrates, some protein and very little fat. Not to mention the irresistible sesame and delicate maple flavour combination. For variety, add whatever herbs you like, such as rosemary or thyme. Delicious and full of the energy you need to power up!
Per serving of 1 bagel: 250 calories; 7 g protein; 4 g fat; 45 g carbohydrates; 2 g fibre.