MAPLE ALMOND BISCOTTI
- All-Purpose Maple Dough recipe
- Butter (for pan)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) almonds, toasted and chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) maple sugar flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 150°C (300°F).
- Butter a 22.5 cm (9 in) square pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Prepare the base recipe for All-Purpose Maple Dough and add the almonds to it.
- Spread dough in pan and sprinkle with maple sugar flakes.
- Bake 40 minutes or until top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 135°C (275°F).
- Use a knife to detach the baked dough from the sides of the pan. Lift out and invert onto a wooden board.
- Remove paper and allow to cool 15 minutes.
- Cut into pieces 2 cm (7/8 in) thick.
- Stand biscotti on their cut sides on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake 1 hour more.
These biscotti will keep, in an airtight container, for about 1 week in a cool, dry place, or 3 months in the freezer.