MAGICAL MAPLE TAFFY ON SNOW
- 500 ml (2 cups) maple syrup
(preferably dark for its robust taste)
- A variety of Christmas candies
8 to 10 portions
- Pour the maple syrup into a heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. (To prevent the syrup from overflowing, leave a wooden spoon in the saucepan.) Boil until the candy thermometer reaches 115 °C (240 °F). Remove pan from heat.
- Meanwhile, fill in a large container with well packed snow.
- With a ladle, draw lines of maple taffy on the snow and add candies over. Serve with wooden sticks to wrap the taffy around.