Lemon and Maple Syrup Sorbet
- 4 lemons
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 250 ml (1 cup) maple syrup
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) ice cider (optional)
- maple chips (optional)
- In a shallow bowl, combine juice of 3 lemons, zest of 1 lemon, 500 ml (2 cups) water, 250 ml (1 cup) maple syrup and 60 ml (1/4 cup) ice cider (optional).
- Freeze for 6 to 8 hours.
- During this time, crush the mixture several times using a fork to break it up into a sorbet consistency.
- Serve in well chilled bowls and garnish with maple chips.
- Makes 8 servings.