FOIE GRAS STUFFED MAPLE WATER POACHED PEARS
- 6 firm pears
- 1 L (4 cups) NAPSI-certified maple water
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) cider vinegar
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) French shallot, minced
- 250 ml (1 cup) whole pistachios, shelled
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 190 ml (3/4 cup) maple sugar
- 125 g (4 1/2 oz) duck fois gras pâté
- Fleur de sel
- Peel the pears, taking care to keep the stems attached. Using a melon baller, remove the cores through the bottoms of the pears.
- Combine pears, maple water, and lemon juice in a saucepan. Simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes or until the tip of a knife easily penetrates the pears. Remove pears and set aside.
- Add the vinegar to the cooking liquid and reduce over medium heat until it reaches a syrupy consistency. Remove from heat, add the olive oil and shallot, then whisk until smooth. Reserve.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Wet the pistachios in the egg white, then coat them generously with maple sugar. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 10 minutes. Let cool and chop coarsely.
- Just before serving, line plates with microgreens.
- Stuff pears with foie gras pâté, arrange them on the microgreen nests and drizzle with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with pistachio crisps and fleur de sel.