Dumplings in maple syrup
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) water
- 500 ml (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) baking powder
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) fine salt
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) cold butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- Bring the syrup and water to the boil in a small saucepan. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Cut the butter into the flour in small pieces.
- Slowly add the milk and gently mix together with a fork. Drop spoonfuls of the dough into the syrup.
- It’s important not to overcrowd the pan so that each dumpling has room to expand.
- Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.