Crepes with Carrots and Maple Syrup
- 250 ml (1 cup) whole wheat pastry flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) kamut flour
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) ground cinnamon
- 250 ml (1 cup) maple sugar
- 3 ml (1/2 teaspoon) salt
- 4 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) carrots, grated
- 250 ml (1 cup) plain yogurt
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) butter, melted
- 1 pack (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 packet (approx. 100 g) of maple flakes
- Using a beater, mix all ingredients in a bowl in the same order as they appear in the list.
- Preheat a non-stick crepe or cast iron pan over medium heat.
- Lightly butter the pan, and cook one crepe after the other. Use about 125 ml (1/2 cup) of the crepe batter for each one, or to create circles of about 10 cm (4 inch) each. Cook each crepe for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Layer the crepes into a cake, spreading a little bit of the cream cheese in between each layer and sprinkling with maple flakes, to taste.