CHRISTMASSY MAPLE SANDWICH TREATS
- 400 g (about 1 lb) ham, ground
- 1 celery stalk, in small dice
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) Dijon mustard
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple butter
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) fresh ginger, grated
- Salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 20 bread slices
- In a bowl, combine ham, celery, mayonnaise, mustard, maple butter and ginger. Add salt and pepper.
- Toast the slices of bread. Remove the crusts, cut into small squares or use a cookie cutter of your choice.
- Spread the ham mixture over half of the toasted bread and cover with the remaining slices to make sandwiches.
It is possible to save the crusts to make croutons or breadcrumbs, to add to a stuffing or to simply enjoy spread over maple butter.