Chocolate and Maple Mini Log Rolls
- 250 ml (1 cup) maple butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) almond powder
- 12 slices of whole-wheat bread, crusts removed
- 340 g (12 oz) 70% dark chocolate
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) maple butter
- In a bowl, combine maple butter and almond powder until you obtain a spread-like consistency. Set aside. Using a rolling-pin, flatten the bread slices, spread with almond mixture, then roll up into little logs. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Melt chocolate in double boiler over low heat. Remove from heat. Working with one at a time, dip the log rolls in the melted chocolate, and allow them to set in the fridge.
- In a bowl, melt maple butter in the microwave for 30 seconds over high heat. Using a cone made out of wax paper or a spoon, decorate the logs with the melted maple butter.