Berry, Beet and Maple Sorbet
- 200g (300 ml) beets
(about 3 beets depending on size)
- 500g (500 ml) frozen berries
- 75 g (about 3/4 cup*) maple sugar
- 6 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place beets in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring water to a boil and cook beets for 25 to 30 minutes, until the tip of a knife easily penetrates the flesh. Cool beets in cold water.
- Peel beets, then cut into cubes.
- Using a food processor, blend all ingredients into a smooth purée. Pour into an airtight container and leave in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove sorbet from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
190 calories; 2 g protein; 1 g fat; 51 g carbohydrates; 6 g fibre