Breakfasts and brunchs
Banana and Maple Muffins
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) whole wheat flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) quick oats
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) baking powder
- 2 pinches of salt
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon or coriander
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) walnuts, chopped
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) canola oil
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple butter (to garnish)
- 12 walnut halves (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and butter a muffin pan.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon or coriander and chopped walnuts (dry ingredients). In a second bowl, blend bananas, egg, canola oil and maple syrup (wet ingredients).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring until just moistened.
- Pour batter into muffin cups and bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, transfer to a wire rack and let cool slightly before unmolding.
- Glaze with maple butter. Garnish with walnut halves.