BAKED MAPLE DOUGHNUTS
- All-Purpose Maple Dough recipe
- Butter (for pan)
- Flour (for work surface)
- 250 ml (1 cup) maple syrup
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Coureur des Bois Canadian whisky and maple syrup liquor
- Prepare the base recipe for All-Purpose Maple Dough.
- Form the dough into a disk shape, cover all around with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Butter a doughnut baking pan.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough to a thickness of 1.25 cm (1/2 in).
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out 12 doughnuts and place in pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the doughnuts are golden.
- As they’re baking, warm the maple syrup and maple whisky liquor in a small saucepan.
- As soon as the doughnuts come out of the oven, dip them one at a time into the hot syrup mixture and set on a rack to drain. Serve warm.
You can also keep these doughnuts in an airtight container at room temperature to re-heat and serve later. They will keep frozen for up to 2 months.
Refrigeration Time: 2 hr