Apple and Maple Semolina
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) water
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) maple syrup
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) dried apple pieces
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) semolina
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) pumpkin seeds
- 12 raspberries
- Add the water and maple syrup to a saucepan. Add the apple and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the semolina. Cover and leave for 5 minutes or until the semolina has absorbed all the liquid and is soft.
- Garnish each serving with pumpkin seeds and raspberries.
Quantity: 500 ml (2 cups)
This dish is a reinvention of classic oatmeal. With less fibre than oats, semolina accelerates absorption of carbohydrates. This makes it an effective source of energy before physical activity and is best consumed 45-60 minutes before a workout. One serving provides a mixture of simple and complex carbohydrates and some protein. What's more, as semolina can be cooked in no time at all, this recipe allows you to get up and training while everyone else is still in bed! And while this semolina is excellent for breakfast, it is a delicious and convenient pre-workout snack at any time of the day!
Per 250 ml serving (1 cup): 306 calories; 9 g protein; 4 g fat; 58 g carbohydrates; 5 g fibre.