Starters and hors d'oeuvres
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) butter
- 1 L (4 cups) your choice of cooked vegetables: carrot, rutaba, asparagus, parsnip, cauliflower, broccoli, etc.
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 15 to 30 ml (1 to 2 tbsp) lemon juice
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Warm oil and butter in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the vegetables gently 4 to 5 minutes. Season generously.
- Add maple syrup and lemon juice, then bring to a boil. Reduce until liquid coats vegetables in a syrupy glaze. Add more seasoning, if needed.